Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.04 meters/second, 1616.6 km/hour, 1004.5 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 32.9"||1004.41 mi||West||0° 11' 19.0"||12.96 mi||North||1004.58 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 31.7"||749.99 mi||East||4° 31' 15.8"||310.64 mi||North||812.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Wed 7:54 PM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 7:24 PM||2214 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:24 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 9:24 PM||2495 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 7:24 PM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 7:24 PM||3641 km||2263 miles||1966 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 12:24 AM||3844 km||2389 miles||2076 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:24 PM||4009 km||2491 miles||2165 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 6:24 PM||4139 km||2572 miles||2235 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 7:24 PM||4159 km||2585 miles||2246 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.