Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.54 meters/second, 1618.3 km/hour, 1005.6 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 43.8"||1005.51 mi||West||0° 11' 20.0"||12.98 mi||North||1005.65 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 27.1"||747.11 mi||East||4° 30' 19.9"||309.57 mi||North||808.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Thu 8:24 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Thu 8:24 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||E|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 9:24 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Thu 8:24 PM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Thu 8:54 PM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 9:24 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||SE|
|Manado||Thu 7:24 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Thu 8:24 PM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 7:24 PM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||W|
|General Santos||Thu 7:24 PM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.