Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.83 meters/second, 1619.4 km/hour, 1006.2 miles/hour or 874.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.8"||1006.17 mi||West||0° 11' 19.2"||12.96 mi||North||1006.28 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 05.6"||744.75 mi||East||4° 28' 46.8"||307.79 mi||North||805.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Thu 9:14 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||SE|
|Mogadishu||Thu 8:14 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Galkayo||Thu 8:14 PM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||NNW|
|Moroni||Thu 8:14 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||SW|
|Dar es Salaam||Thu 8:14 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Thu 8:14 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 8:14 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NW|
|Nairobi||Thu 8:14 PM||1734 km||1078 miles||936 nm||W|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 8:14 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NW|
|Dodoma||Thu 8:14 PM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.