Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.84 meters/second, 1619.4 km/hour, 1006.3 miles/hour or 874.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 53.2"||1006.20 mi||West||0° 11' 19.1"||12.96 mi||North||1006.30 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 58.5"||744.63 mi||East||4° 28' 40.3"||307.67 mi||North||805.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mogadishu||Thu 8:34 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NW|
|Kismayo||Thu 8:34 PM||559 km||348 miles||302 nm||W|
|Galkayo||Thu 8:34 PM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||N|
|Garissa||Thu 8:34 PM||881 km||547 miles||476 nm||W|
|Mombasa||Thu 8:34 PM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Victoria||Thu 9:34 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||ESE|
|Dar es Salaam||Thu 8:34 PM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||SW|
|Nairobi||Thu 8:34 PM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||W|
|Moroni||Thu 8:34 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||SSW|
|Dodoma||Thu 8:34 PM||1438 km||893 miles||776 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.