Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.95 meters/second, 1619.8 km/hour, 1006.5 miles/hour or 874.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 00.4"||1006.43 mi||West||0° 11' 16.7"||12.91 mi||North||1006.51 mi|
|24 hours||10° 44' 15.2"||742.72 mi||East||4° 26' 27.8"||305.14 mi||North||802.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 8:24 PM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||SSW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 9:24 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||SE|
|Recife||Thu 8:24 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Thu 8:24 PM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||W|
|Salvador||Thu 8:24 PM||1470 km||914 miles||794 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Thu 8:24 PM||1747 km||1085 miles||943 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 8:24 PM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 9:24 PM||2122 km||1318 miles||1146 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Thu 10:24 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||NE|
|Georgetown||Thu 7:24 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1309 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.