Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.43 meters/second, 1614.3 kilometres/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 14.7"||1003.01 mi||West||0° 10' 48.3"||12.37 mi||North||1002.95 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 09.0"||738.73 mi||East||4° 10' 03.5"||286.39 mi||North||789.54 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Fri 9:36 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Fri 9:36 PM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:36 PM||1137 km||707 miles||614 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 9:36 PM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 8:36 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||W|
|Recife||Fri 9:36 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 8:36 PM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Fri 8:36 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1073 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 8:36 PM||2027 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Fri 9:36 PM||2074 km||1288 miles||1120 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.