Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.43 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 14.7"||1003.01 mi||west||0° 10' 48.3"||12.37 mi||north||1002.95 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 09.0"||738.73 mi||east||4° 10' 03.5"||286.39 mi||north||789.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Fri 9:36 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Fri 9:36 PM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:36 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 9:36 PM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 8:36 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||W|
|Recife||Fri 9:36 PM||1763 km||1096 miles||952 nm||SE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 8:36 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Fri 8:36 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1073 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 8:36 PM||2027 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Fri 9:36 PM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.