Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 3:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.09 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 14.7"||1002.25 mi||West||0° 10' 43.6"||12.28 mi||North||1002.17 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 35.0"||738.66 mi||East||4° 07' 39.5"||283.65 mi||North||788.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|David||Fri 10:18 PM||349 km||217 miles||189 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Fri 10:18 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 9:18 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||N|
|Alajuela||Fri 9:18 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||N|
|Panama||Fri 10:18 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||NE|
|Esmeraldas||Fri 10:18 PM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||SE|
|Portoviejo||Fri 10:18 PM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Masaya||Fri 9:18 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNW|
|Cali||Fri 10:18 PM||789 km||491 miles||426 nm||ESE|
|Managua||Fri 9:18 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.