Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 3:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.21 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 11.6"||998.02 mi||West||0° 10' 19.0"||11.82 mi||North||997.89 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 36.2"||739.06 mi||East||3° 55' 33.1"||269.81 mi||North||783.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hat Yai||Sat 10:18 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||WSW|
|Alor Setar||Sat 11:18 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||SW|
|George Town||Sat 11:18 PM||297 km||185 miles||161 nm||SW|
|Ipoh||Sat 11:18 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||SSW|
|Sihanoukville||Sat 10:18 PM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||NNE|
|Phuket||Sat 10:18 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||W|
|Kuantan||Sat 11:18 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SSE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 11:18 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||S|
|Cần Thơ||Sat 10:18 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||NE|
|Seremban||Sat 11:18 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.