Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.77 meters/second, 1597.6 km/hour, 992.7 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 03.6"||992.60 mi||west||0° 09' 47.9"||11.22 mi||north||992.42 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 15.6"||740.46 mi||east||3° 40' 54.1"||253.08 mi||north||778.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cartagena||Sat 10:28 PM||96 km||60 miles||52 nm||NNW|
|Montería||Sat 10:28 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||SW|
|Barranquilla||Sat 10:28 PM||166 km||103 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|Santa Marta||Sat 10:28 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNE|
|Cúcuta||Sat 10:28 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||ESE|
|Bucaramanga||Sat 10:28 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||SE|
|Medellin||Sat 10:28 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||S|
|Maracaibo||Sat 10:58 PM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||ENE|
|Panama||Sat 10:28 PM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||W|
|Manizales||Sat 10:28 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.