Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 3:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.77 meters/second, 1597.6 km/hour, 992.7 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 03.6"||992.54 mi||West||0° 09' 48.0"||11.23 mi||North||992.36 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 15.2"||740.40 mi||East||3° 40' 55.5"||253.09 mi||North||778.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cartagena||Sat 10:28 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NNW|
|Montería||Sat 10:28 PM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||SW|
|Barranquilla||Sat 10:28 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||N|
|Santa Marta||Sat 10:28 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||NNE|
|Cúcuta||Sat 10:28 PM||334 km||208 miles||181 nm||ESE|
|Bucaramanga||Sat 10:28 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||SE|
|Medellin||Sat 10:28 PM||371 km||231 miles||201 nm||S|
|Maracaibo||Sat 10:58 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||ENE|
|Panama||Sat 10:28 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||W|
|Manizales||Sat 10:28 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.