Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 4:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 04:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.59 meters/second, 1596.9 km/hour, 992.3 miles/hour or 862.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 02.9"||992.12 mi||West||0° 09' 45.5"||11.18 mi||North||991.95 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 37.2"||740.52 mi||East||3° 39' 50.4"||251.85 mi||North||777.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Liberia||Sat 10:18 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||ENE|
|Masaya||Sat 10:18 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 10:18 PM||289 km||179 miles||156 nm||NNE|
|Alajuela||Sat 10:18 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||E|
|San Jose||Sat 10:18 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||E|
|Matagalpa||Sat 10:18 PM||382 km||238 miles||206 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Sat 10:18 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:18 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Sat 10:18 PM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||NNW|
|David||Sat 11:18 PM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.