Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.44 meters/second, 1592.8 kilometres/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 58.2"||989.56 mi||West||0° 09' 31.0"||10.90 mi||North||989.37 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 56.5"||741.31 mi||East||3° 33' 06.0"||244.14 mi||North||775.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:18 PM||997 km||620 miles||538 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 11:18 PM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Sat 9:18 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:18 PM||2527 km||1570 miles||1365 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 10:18 PM||2677 km||1663 miles||1445 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sun 11:18 PM||2993 km||1860 miles||1616 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:18 PM||3127 km||1943 miles||1688 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 9:18 PM||3159 km||1963 miles||1706 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 9:18 PM||3178 km||1975 miles||1716 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 11:18 PM||3304 km||2053 miles||1784 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.