Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.99 meters/second, 1587.6 km/hour, 986.5 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.0"||986.37 mi||west||0° 09' 12.1"||10.54 mi||north||986.15 mi|
|24 hours||10° 56' 57.9"||742.43 mi||east||3° 24' 29.4"||234.31 mi||north||773.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Sun 10:18 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||WNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Sun 10:18 PM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||W|
|Da Nang||Sun 10:18 PM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||NW|
|Puerto Princesa||Sun 11:18 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||ESE|
|Cần Thơ||Sun 10:18 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||WSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Sun 11:18 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||SSE|
|Pekan Tutong||Sun 11:18 PM||771 km||479 miles||417 nm||SSE|
|Kuala Belait||Sun 11:18 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSE|
|Phnom Penh||Sun 10:18 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||W|
|Pakse||Sun 10:18 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.