Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.85 meters/second, 1583.5 kilometres/hour, 983.9 miles/hour or 855.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 46.7"||983.74 mi||West||0° 08' 57.0"||10.25 mi||North||983.52 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 22.4"||743.24 mi||East||3° 17' 41.1"||226.51 mi||North||772.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aden||Sun 10:50 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Bosaso||Sun 10:50 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||ESE|
|Berbera||Sun 10:50 PM||273 km||170 miles||148 nm||SW|
|Ta'izz||Sun 10:50 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||WNW|
|Al Mukalla||Sun 10:50 PM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||NE|
|Obock||Sun 10:50 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||W|
|Djibouti||Sun 10:50 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||W|
|Hargeisa||Sun 10:50 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||SW|
|Tadjoura||Sun 10:50 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||W|
|Sana||Sun 10:50 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.