Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 13:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 13:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.08 meters/second, 1566.3 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.7"||973.02 mi||west||0° 07' 49.3"||8.96 mi||north||972.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 41.3"||747.00 mi||east||2° 47' 44.1"||192.23 mi||north||766.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 11:50 PM||95 km||59 miles||52 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 11:50 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 10:50 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 12:50 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Mon 10:50 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 10:50 PM||2101 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 1:50 AM||2354 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Mon 10:50 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 10:50 PM||2391 km||1485 miles||1291 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 10:50 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.