Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 29, 2012 at 1:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 13:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.08 meters/second, 1566.3 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.7"||973.02 mi||West||0° 07' 49.3"||8.96 mi||North||972.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 41.3"||747.00 mi||East||2° 47' 44.1"||192.23 mi||North||766.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 11:50 PM||95 km||59 miles||52 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 11:50 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 10:50 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 12:50 AM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Mon 10:50 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 10:50 PM||2101 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 1:50 AM||2354 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Mon 10:50 PM||2368 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 10:50 PM||2391 km||1485 miles||1291 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 10:50 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.