Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 29, 2012 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.72 meters/second, 1561.4 kilometres/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 15.4"||969.98 mi||West||0° 07' 28.4"||8.56 mi||North||969.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 37.7"||748.05 mi||East||2° 38' 39.9"||181.84 mi||North||764.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vasco da Gama||Tue 12:20 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||E|
|Panaji||Tue 12:20 AM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||E|
|Margao||Tue 12:20 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||E|
|Ratnagiri||Tue 12:20 AM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||NNE|
|Belagavi||Tue 12:20 AM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||ENE|
|Hubballi||Tue 12:20 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||E|
|Mangaluru||Tue 12:20 AM||379 km||235 miles||205 nm||SE|
|Pune||Tue 12:20 AM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||NNE|
|Vijapura||Tue 12:20 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||ENE|
|Mumbai||Tue 12:20 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.