Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.45 meters/second, 1560.4 km/hour, 969.6 miles/hour or 842.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.16 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 13.9"||969.43 mi||west||0° 07' 24.1"||8.48 mi||north||969.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 13.6"||748.31 mi||east||2° 36' 46.9"||179.70 mi||north||764.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Mon 11:50 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WNW|
|Hadibu||Mon 10:50 PM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||SW|
|Nizwa||Mon 11:50 PM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||N|
|Muscat||Mon 11:50 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||N|
|Al Mukalla||Mon 10:50 PM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||W|
|Seeb||Mon 11:50 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||N|
|Bosaso||Mon 10:50 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||WSW|
|Abu Dhabi||Mon 11:50 PM||1053 km||654 miles||568 nm||NNW|
|Dubai||Mon 11:50 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||NNW|
|Doha||Mon 10:50 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.