Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 29, 2012 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.19 meters/second, 1559.5 km/hour, 969.0 miles/hour or 842.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.5"||968.77 mi||West||0° 07' 19.8"||8.40 mi||North||968.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 48.1"||748.46 mi||East||2° 34' 57.1"||177.59 mi||North||764.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Hudaydah||Mon 11:50 PM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||SSW|
|Sana||Mon 11:50 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||ESE|
|Ta'izz||Mon 11:50 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||SSE|
|Edd||Mon 11:50 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SW|
|Assab||Mon 11:50 PM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSW|
|Khamis Mushait||Mon 11:50 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||N|
|Aden||Mon 11:50 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||SSE|
|Obock||Mon 11:50 PM||397 km||246 miles||214 nm||S|
|Tadjoura||Mon 11:50 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||S|
|Djibouti||Mon 11:50 PM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.