Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.74 meters/second, 1554.3 km/hour, 965.8 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.5"||965.53 mi||West||0° 06' 56.0"||7.95 mi||North||965.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 55.9"||749.54 mi||East||2° 24' 41.6"||165.84 mi||North||762.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 1:14 AM||1262 km||784 miles||682 nm||E|
|Dakar||Tue 2:14 AM||1914 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||E|
|Banjul||Tue 2:14 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Tue 2:14 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||E|
|Bissau||Tue 2:14 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:14 PM||2234 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Mon 11:14 PM||2247 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Mon 11:14 PM||2436 km||1514 miles||1315 nm||SW|
|Conakry||Tue 2:14 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||ESE|
|Paramaribo||Mon 11:14 PM||2462 km||1530 miles||1329 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.