Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.65 meters/second, 1543.1 km/hour, 958.9 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.8"||958.59 mi||West||0° 06' 00.0"||6.88 mi||North||958.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 33.6"||751.70 mi||East||2° 00' 45.4"||138.42 mi||North||760.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 12:14 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:14 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:14 AM||1442 km||896 miles||778 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:14 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:14 PM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 11:14 PM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 11:14 PM||2277 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 11:14 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 11:14 PM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Tue 11:14 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1309 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.