Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.65 meters/second, 1543.1 km/hour, 958.9 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.8"||958.59 mi||west||0° 06' 00.0"||6.88 mi||north||958.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 33.6"||751.70 mi||east||2° 00' 45.4"||138.42 mi||north||760.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 12:14 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:14 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:14 AM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:14 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:14 PM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 11:14 PM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 11:14 PM||2277 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 11:14 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 11:14 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Tue 11:14 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.