Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.05 meters/second, 1533.8 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||north||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||952.75 mi||west||0° 05' 04.9"||5.83 mi||north||952.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 58.4"||753.27 mi||east||1° 37' 33.7"||111.84 mi||north||757.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 1:14 AM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||W|
|Nouakchott||Wed 1:14 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||W|
|Bamako||Wed 1:14 AM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||SSE|
|Tambacounda||Wed 1:14 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||SW|
|Rosso||Wed 1:14 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||WSW|
|Touba||Wed 1:14 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Wed 1:14 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||SE|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 1:14 AM||818 km||508 miles||441 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Wed 1:14 AM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||SW|
|Gabú||Wed 1:14 AM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.