Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.05 meters/second, 1533.8 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||north||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||952.76 mi||west||0° 05' 05.0"||5.83 mi||north||952.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 58.0"||753.26 mi||east||1° 37' 36.0"||111.89 mi||north||757.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 1:14 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||W|
|Bamako||Wed 1:14 AM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||SSE|
|Tambacounda||Wed 1:14 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 1:14 AM||697 km||433 miles||377 nm||W|
|Rosso||Wed 1:14 AM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Wed 1:14 AM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SSE|
|Touba||Wed 1:14 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 1:14 AM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Wed 1:14 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
|Gabú||Wed 1:14 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.