Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.05 meters/second, 1533.8 kilometres/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||952.76 mi||West||0° 05' 05.0"||5.83 mi||North||952.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 58.0"||753.26 mi||East||1° 37' 36.0"||111.89 mi||North||757.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 1:14 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||W|
|Bamako||Wed 1:14 AM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||SSE|
|Tambacounda||Wed 1:14 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 1:14 AM||697 km||433 miles||377 nm||W|
|Timbuktu||Wed 1:14 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Wed 1:14 AM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Wed 1:14 AM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SSE|
|Touba||Wed 1:14 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 1:14 AM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Wed 1:14 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.