Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.83 meters/second, 1533.0 km/hour, 952.6 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.1"||952.27 mi||West||0° 04' 59.8"||5.73 mi||North||952.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 24.9"||753.38 mi||East||1° 35' 26.8"||109.42 mi||North||757.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Wed 1:14 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||SSW|
|Santa Maria||Wed 1:14 AM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||SSE|
|Praia||Wed 1:14 AM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||S|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 2:14 AM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Wed 2:14 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Wed 2:14 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||E|
|Thiès||Wed 2:14 AM||857 km||532 miles||462 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Wed 2:14 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||ESE|
|Touba||Wed 2:14 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||ESE|
|Serekunda||Wed 2:14 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.