Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.79 meters/second, 1532.8 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||north||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.9"||952.17 mi||west||0° 04' 58.9"||5.71 mi||north||951.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 29.9"||753.40 mi||east||1° 35' 02.7"||108.96 mi||north||757.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Wed 1:24 AM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Santa Maria||Wed 1:24 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Wed 1:24 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Wed 2:24 AM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Wed 2:24 AM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||E|
|Banjul||Wed 2:24 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Wed 2:24 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Wed 2:24 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Wed 2:24 AM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||SE|
|Freetown||Wed 2:24 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.