Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.71 meters/second, 1532.6 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||952.00 mi||West||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||North||951.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 39.1"||753.45 mi||East||1° 34' 17.6"||108.10 mi||North||757.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Wed 1:46 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Wed 1:46 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Wed 1:46 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Wed 2:46 AM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Wed 2:46 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||E|
|Banjul||Wed 2:46 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Wed 2:46 AM||1883 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Wed 2:46 AM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Wed 2:46 AM||2185 km||1357 miles||1180 nm||ESE|
|Ponta Delgada||Wed 1:46 AM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.