Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 08:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.46 meters/second, 1528.0 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.8"||949.18 mi||West||0° 04' 25.7"||5.08 mi||North||948.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 09.6"||754.06 mi||East||1° 21' 10.9"||93.07 mi||North||756.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Wed 1:46 AM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Wed 1:46 AM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Wed 2:46 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||E|
|Tijuana *||Wed 1:46 AM||1496 km||929 miles||808 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Wed 1:46 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Wed 1:46 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 2:46 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||879 nm||E|
|Los Angeles *||Wed 1:46 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Wed 1:46 AM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 2:46 AM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.