Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.57 meters/second, 1524.9 km/hour, 947.5 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||west||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||north||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.4"||947.26 mi||west||0° 04' 01.1"||4.61 mi||north||947.08 mi|
|24 hours||348° 26' 07.9"||754.47 mi||west||1° 11' 00.0"||81.41 mi||north||756.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 1:20 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||W|
|Midway||Wed 2:20 AM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Thu 1:20 AM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:20 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Palikir||Thu 12:20 AM||2254 km||1401 miles||1217 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:20 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 1:20 AM||2364 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:20 AM||2879 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:20 AM||3134 km||1948 miles||1692 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:20 PM||3250 km||2020 miles||1755 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.