Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.34 meters/second, 1524.0 km/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.0"||946.68 mi||West||0° 03' 54.3"||4.48 mi||North||946.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 18.0"||754.50 mi||East||1° 08' 12.5"||78.20 mi||North||755.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 2:36 AM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 1:36 AM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:36 AM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 2:36 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Wed 11:36 PM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 11:36 PM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:36 AM||2497 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Wed 11:36 PM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:36 AM||2694 km||1674 miles||1455 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:36 PM||2709 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.