Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.31 meters/second, 1523.9 km/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||north||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.7"||946.61 mi||west||0° 03' 53.4"||4.46 mi||north||946.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 21.6"||754.51 mi||east||1° 07' 47.6"||77.72 mi||north||755.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:46 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:46 AM||1175 km||730 miles||634 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:46 AM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 1:46 AM||1475 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Wed 11:46 PM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 11:46 PM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Thu 2:46 AM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||SE|
|Nagoya||Wed 11:46 PM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 11:46 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:46 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.