Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.13 meters/second, 1523.3 kilometres/hour, 946.5 miles/hour or 822.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.7"||946.22 mi||West||0° 03' 48.0"||4.36 mi||North||946.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 41.2"||754.56 mi||East||1° 05' 35.3"||75.20 mi||North||755.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 1:46 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 1:46 AM||878 km||545 miles||474 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 12:46 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 12:46 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Thu 12:46 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Thu 12:46 AM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||N|
|Osaka||Thu 12:46 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Thu 12:46 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 12:46 AM||1744 km||1083 miles||942 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Thu 12:46 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.