Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.53 meters/second, 1521.1 km/hour, 945.2 miles/hour or 821.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.9"||944.85 mi||West||0° 03' 28.4"||3.98 mi||North||944.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 47.8"||754.74 mi||East||0° 57' 32.3"||65.97 mi||North||755.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kendrapara||Thu 12:50 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||WNW|
|Jagatsinghpur||Thu 12:50 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||WNW|
|Bhadrak||Thu 12:50 AM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||NW|
|Puri||Thu 12:50 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||W|
|Balasore||Thu 12:50 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Thu 12:50 AM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||WNW|
|Bhubaneswar||Thu 12:50 AM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||WNW|
|Khordha||Thu 12:50 AM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||W|
|Cuttack||Thu 12:50 AM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||WNW|
|Dhenkanal||Thu 12:50 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.