Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.30 meters/second, 1520.3 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.5"||944.34 mi||West||0° 03' 20.5"||3.83 mi||North||944.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 12.5"||754.79 mi||East||0° 54' 17.1"||62.24 mi||North||755.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karachi||Thu 1:46 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||N|
|Vasai-Virar||Thu 2:16 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||E|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Thu 1:46 AM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||NNE|
|Mumbai||Thu 2:16 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||E|
|Surat||Thu 2:16 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||ENE|
|Mirpur Khas||Thu 1:46 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||NNE|
|Ahmedabad||Thu 2:16 AM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||ENE|
|Vadodara||Thu 2:16 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ENE|
|Pune||Thu 2:16 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||E|
|Godhra||Thu 2:16 AM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.