Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.64 meters/second, 1517.9 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.4"||942.86 mi||West||0° 02' 56.0"||3.36 mi||North||942.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 20.2"||754.89 mi||East||0° 44' 14.7"||50.73 mi||North||754.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 2:10 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Thu 2:10 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Thu 2:10 AM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||S|
|Timbuktu||Thu 1:10 AM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||WSW|
|Maradi||Thu 2:10 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 1:10 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Zinder||Thu 2:10 AM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 1:10 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Thu 2:10 AM||1075 km||668 miles||581 nm||SSE|
|Abuja||Thu 2:10 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.