Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.62 meters/second, 1517.8 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.3"||942.82 mi||West||0° 02' 55.2"||3.35 mi||North||942.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 21.9"||754.89 mi||East||0° 43' 56.3"||50.38 mi||North||754.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 1:18 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Arlit||Thu 2:18 AM||677 km||421 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Dori||Thu 1:18 AM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||S|
|Niamey||Thu 2:18 AM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||S|
|In Salah||Thu 2:18 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||N|
|Agadez||Thu 2:18 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||ESE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 1:18 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 1:18 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 1:18 AM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 1:18 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.