Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.61 meters/second, 1517.8 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.3"||942.81 mi||West||0° 02' 55.1"||3.35 mi||North||942.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 22.5"||754.89 mi||East||0° 43' 51.8"||50.29 mi||North||754.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 1:20 AM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||SW|
|Dori||Thu 1:20 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||S|
|Arlit||Thu 2:20 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Thu 2:20 AM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 1:20 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||SSW|
|In Salah||Thu 2:20 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||NNE|
|Agadez||Thu 2:20 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||ESE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 1:20 AM||892 km||554 miles||481 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 1:20 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 1:20 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.