Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.59 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||north||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.2"||942.82 mi||west||0° 02' 54.1"||3.33 mi||north||942.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 25.1"||754.95 mi||east||0° 43' 26.3"||49.81 mi||north||754.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Niamey||Thu 2:30 AM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 1:30 AM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 1:30 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||S|
|In Salah||Thu 2:30 AM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||NNE|
|Koutiala||Thu 1:30 AM||934 km||581 miles||504 nm||SSW|
|Bamako||Thu 1:30 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||SW|
|El Aaiún||Thu 1:30 AM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||NW|
|Marrakech||Thu 1:30 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNW|
|Kano||Thu 2:30 AM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 1:30 AM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.