Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.59 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.2"||942.76 mi||West||0° 02' 54.2"||3.33 mi||North||942.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 24.7"||754.90 mi||East||0° 43' 28.8"||49.85 mi||North||754.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 1:30 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 1:30 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Thu 2:30 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||ENE|
|Niamey||Thu 2:30 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 1:30 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 1:30 AM||878 km||545 miles||474 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Thu 1:30 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Thu 2:30 AM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||E|
|Bamako||Thu 1:30 AM||1064 km||661 miles||574 nm||SW|
|El Aaiún||Thu 1:30 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.