Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 12:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 12:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.33 meters/second, 1513.2 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||939.93 mi||West||0° 01' 52.7"||2.15 mi||North||939.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 16.8"||754.76 mi||East||0° 18' 28.5"||21.18 mi||North||754.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Waipahu||Thu 2:20 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:20 AM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||ENE|
|Lihue||Thu 2:20 AM||155 km||97 miles||84 nm||NNW|
|Wailuku||Thu 2:20 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||E|
|Hilo||Thu 2:20 AM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Thu 1:20 AM||2038 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:20 AM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:20 AM||2949 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:20 AM||3519 km||2187 miles||1900 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:20 AM||3571 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.