Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.24 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||939.72 mi||West||0° 01' 47.0"||2.04 mi||North||939.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 23.2"||754.73 mi||East||0° 16' 09.1"||18.52 mi||North||754.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 2:20 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:20 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:20 AM||2075 km||1289 miles||1121 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 1:20 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:20 AM||2283 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:20 AM||2579 km||1602 miles||1393 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:20 AM||2724 km||1692 miles||1471 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:20 AM||3163 km||1965 miles||1708 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:20 AM||3320 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:20 AM||3328 km||2068 miles||1797 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.