Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.24 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||939.79 mi||west||0° 01' 46.8"||2.04 mi||north||939.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 23.3"||754.78 mi||east||0° 16' 06.6"||18.47 mi||north||754.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 2:20 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:20 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:20 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 1:20 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:20 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:20 AM||2563 km||1592 miles||1384 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:20 AM||2743 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:20 AM||3143 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:20 AM||3313 km||2058 miles||1789 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:20 AM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.