Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.22 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||939.69 mi||West||0° 01' 46.0"||2.03 mi||North||939.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 24.3"||754.72 mi||East||0° 15' 46.0"||18.08 mi||North||754.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 2:30 AM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:30 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:30 AM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||E|
|Majuro||Fri 1:30 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:30 AM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:30 AM||2440 km||1516 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:30 AM||2901 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:30 AM||2993 km||1860 miles||1616 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:30 AM||3173 km||1971 miles||1713 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:30 AM||3268 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.