Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 6:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.85 meters/second, 1511.5 km/hour, 939.2 miles/hour or 816.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.0"||938.86 mi||West||0° 01' 18.2"||1.49 mi||North||938.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 46.2"||754.48 mi||East||0° 04' 31.5"||5.19 mi||North||754.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Macau||Fri 2:20 AM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||NNW|
|Hong Kong||Fri 2:20 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Fri 2:20 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Fri 2:20 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||N|
|Foshan||Fri 2:20 AM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||NNW|
|Guangzhou||Fri 2:20 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||NNW|
|Haikou||Fri 2:20 AM||376 km||233 miles||203 nm||WSW|
|Shantou||Fri 2:20 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NE|
|Xiamen||Fri 2:20 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||NE|
|Nanning||Fri 2:20 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.