Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.80 meters/second, 1511.3 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||938.74 mi||West||0° 01' 13.4"||1.40 mi||North||938.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 48.3"||754.43 mi||East||0° 02' 35.1"||2.96 mi||North||754.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Fri 2:10 AM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Rai||Fri 2:10 AM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||WSW|
|Xam Neua||Fri 2:10 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||E|
|Vientiane||Fri 2:10 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 2:10 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||SW|
|Udon Thani||Fri 2:10 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|Hanoi||Fri 2:10 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||E|
|Kunming||Fri 3:10 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||NNE|
|Khon Kaen||Fri 2:10 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||SSE|
|Hai Phong||Fri 2:10 AM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.