Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.79 meters/second, 1511.2 km/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.7"||938.72 mi||West||0° 01' 12.3"||1.38 mi||North||938.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 48.8"||754.42 mi||East||0° 02' 11.7"||2.52 mi||North||754.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chiang Rai||Fri 2:20 AM||110 km||68 miles||59 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 2:20 AM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||S|
|Luang Prabang||Fri 2:20 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||ESE|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 1:50 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||WSW|
|Mandalay||Fri 1:50 AM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||WNW|
|Vientiane||Fri 2:20 AM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||SE|
|Xam Neua||Fri 2:20 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||E|
|Mawlamyine||Fri 1:50 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Udon Thani||Fri 2:20 AM||521 km||324 miles||282 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Fri 1:50 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.