Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.54 meters/second, 1510.3 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.9"||938.16 mi||West||0° 00' 43.3"||0.83 mi||North||938.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 52.3"||754.06 mi||East||0° 09' 26.8"||10.83 mi||South||754.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Fri 2:20 AM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||NW|
|Kharga Oasis||Fri 2:20 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||NE|
|Fada||Fri 1:20 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||SW|
|Luxor||Fri 2:20 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||NE|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 3:20 AM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||S|
|Khartoum||Fri 3:20 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SE|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 1:20 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||WSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 3:20 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSE|
|Abéché||Fri 1:20 AM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||SW|
|Hurghada||Fri 2:20 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.