Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.51 meters/second, 1510.2 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.8"||938.10 mi||West||0° 00' 38.6"||0.74 mi||North||938.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 51.5"||754.00 mi||East||0° 11' 18.5"||12.97 mi||South||754.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Fri 2:08 AM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||ENE|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 2:08 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||SE|
|Fada||Fri 2:08 AM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||ESE|
|Moussoro||Fri 2:08 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||S|
|Arlit||Fri 2:08 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Fri 2:08 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||WSW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 2:08 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||S|
|Abéché||Fri 2:08 AM||986 km||612 miles||532 nm||SE|
|Zinder||Fri 2:08 AM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||SW|
|Kano||Fri 2:08 AM||1211 km||753 miles||654 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.