Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.50 meters/second, 1510.2 kilometres/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.7"||938.07 mi||West||0° 00' 36.5"||0.70 mi||North||938.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 50.9"||753.97 mi||East||0° 12' 09.6"||13.94 mi||South||754.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Fri 2:30 AM||349 km||217 miles||189 nm||SW|
|Agadez||Fri 2:30 AM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||SSW|
|Tamanrasset||Fri 2:30 AM||493 km||307 miles||266 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Fri 2:30 AM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||S|
|Sabha||Fri 3:30 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NNE|
|Maradi||Fri 2:30 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Fri 2:30 AM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||S|
|Ndjamena||Fri 2:30 AM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Fri 2:30 AM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Fri 2:30 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.