Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 1:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 01:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.49 meters/second, 1510.2 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.7"||938.06 mi||West||0° 00' 35.5"||0.68 mi||North||938.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 50.7"||753.95 mi||East||0° 12' 32.9"||14.39 mi||South||754.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Fri 2:40 AM||238 km||148 miles||128 nm||S|
|Agadez||Fri 2:40 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||S|
|Zinder||Fri 2:40 AM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Fri 2:40 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||S|
|In Salah||Fri 2:40 AM||860 km||535 miles||465 nm||NW|
|Kano||Fri 2:40 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 2:40 AM||992 km||616 miles||536 nm||SW|
|Timbuktu||Fri 1:40 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||WSW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 2:40 AM||1267 km||788 miles||684 nm||SE|
|Abuja||Fri 2:40 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.