Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 02:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.47 meters/second, 1510.1 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.5"||938.01 mi||west||0° 00' 31.7"||0.61 mi||north||937.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 49.5"||753.89 mi||east||0° 14' 06.0"||16.17 mi||south||754.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Fri 2:20 AM||795 km||494 miles||430 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 2:20 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||S|
|In Salah||Fri 3:20 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NNE|
|Niamey||Fri 3:20 AM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 2:20 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Fri 2:20 AM||957 km||594 miles||517 nm||S|
|Tindouf||Fri 3:20 AM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||NW|
|Koutiala||Fri 2:20 AM||1002 km||622 miles||541 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 2:20 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Fri 2:20 AM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.