Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.40 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.00 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.0"||937.86 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||North||937.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 39.4"||753.60 mi||East||0° 21' 41.9"||24.88 mi||South||754.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 1:36 AM||1348 km||838 miles||728 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 1:36 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 1:36 AM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 1:36 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 1:36 AM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 1:36 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 1:36 AM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Fri 1:36 AM||1499 km||932 miles||810 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Fri 1:36 AM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 1:36 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.