Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||937.82 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||937.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 31.3"||753.43 mi||East||0° 25' 43.3"||29.49 mi||South||755.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Fri 3:20 AM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||SW|
|Holguín *||Fri 3:20 AM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||W|
|Gonaïves *||Fri 3:20 AM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||SE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Fri 3:20 AM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey *||Fri 3:20 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||W|
|Port-au-Prince *||Fri 3:20 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SE|
|Kingston||Fri 2:20 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||SSW|
|Cockburn Town *||Fri 3:20 AM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||E|
|May Pen||Fri 2:20 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Fri 2:20 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.