Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||937.82 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||north||937.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 31.3"||753.43 mi||east||0° 25' 43.3"||29.49 mi||south||755.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Fri 3:20 AM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||SW|
|Holguín *||Fri 3:20 AM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||W|
|Gonaïves *||Fri 3:20 AM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||SE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Fri 3:20 AM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey *||Fri 3:20 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||W|
|Port-au-Prince *||Fri 3:20 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SE|
|Kingston||Fri 2:20 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||SSW|
|Cockburn Town *||Fri 3:20 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||E|
|May Pen||Fri 2:20 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Fri 2:20 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.