Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 7:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 07:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||937.82 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||North||937.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 30.6"||753.41 mi||East||0° 26' 06.5"||29.94 mi||South||755.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Camagüey *||Fri 3:30 AM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||NW|
|Holguín *||Fri 3:30 AM||103 km||64 miles||55 nm||E|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Fri 3:30 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Montego Bay||Fri 2:30 AM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||SSW|
|Santa Clara *||Fri 3:30 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||WNW|
|May Pen||Fri 2:30 AM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||S|
|Kingston||Fri 2:30 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||S|
|Nassau *||Fri 3:30 AM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||N|
|George Town (Cayman)||Fri 2:30 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||WSW|
|Gonaïves *||Fri 3:30 AM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.