Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 1:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 13:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.44 meters/second, 1510.0 kilometres/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||937.94 mi||West||0° 00' 31.3"||0.60 mi||South||937.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.9"||752.82 mi||East||0° 39' 13.6"||44.98 mi||South||755.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Fri 3:10 AM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||N|
|Waipahu||Fri 3:10 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||ENE|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:10 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Fri 3:10 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||E|
|Hilo||Fri 3:10 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Fri 2:10 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:10 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:10 AM||2943 km||1829 miles||1589 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 1:10 AM||3488 km||2168 miles||1884 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 1:10 AM||3540 km||2199 miles||1911 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.