Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 13:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 13:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.44 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||938.01 mi||west||0° 00' 31.5"||0.60 mi||south||938.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.8"||752.87 mi||east||0° 39' 16.3"||45.03 mi||south||755.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Fri 3:10 AM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:10 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Fri 3:10 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||E|
|Hilo||Fri 3:10 AM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Fri 2:10 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1056 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:10 AM||2122 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:10 AM||2925 km||1817 miles||1579 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 1:10 AM||3477 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 1:10 AM||3512 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:10 AM||3576 km||2222 miles||1931 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.