Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.45 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||937.96 mi||West||0° 00' 33.3"||0.64 mi||South||937.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 49.1"||752.78 mi||East||0° 39' 59.8"||45.86 mi||South||755.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 3:30 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||E|
|Midway||Fri 2:30 AM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:30 AM||2238 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:30 AM||2644 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 1:30 AM||3029 km||1882 miles||1636 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 1:30 AM||3037 km||1887 miles||1640 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:30 AM||3272 km||2033 miles||1767 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:30 AM||3431 km||2132 miles||1853 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Fri 4:30 AM||3598 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||NNW|
|Unalaska *||Fri 5:30 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1979 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.